About the Game
After proving yourself a worthy Apprentice and proving your skills to the Elder and receiving the powerful Awakening you were then transported to The Crossroads, to Xibalba.
You and Nicholas must make your way through the labyrinth of caves and discover the artifacts of ancient power to unlock the ancient elements. By these powers combined you will be come the master of time itself, the master of The Aether.
How to Play
First thing's first, you must register a username and a password to play. Simply click on the "Register" link on the main menu and create a username/password. Once an acceptable username and password combination has been entered you will then be able to log in and play. The game will save your progress automatically. NOTES: USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS ARE CASE SENSITIVE - AND YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER EVEN IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR THE APPRENTICE OR THE AWAKENING
The primary goal of The Aether is to make your way through the caves in search of hidden artifacts. Use your mouse to make your way through the caves, selecting either the left or right path. Chosing a wrong path will act as a ley gate and return you to the start.
The artifacts are protected by clues and puzzles which must be solved in order to receive the artifact. The puzzles do not need to be solved in any particular order, and if you are stuck on one you may back out of it by clicking on the small red X in the upper corner of the puzzle. This will bring you out of the clue and will allow you to continue on your way.
The puzzles are controlled in different ways, and it is up to you, the player, to determine how the puzzle is played, and what must be done to complete/solve the puzzle.
If you have not already done so, join our forum, where you can discuss the quest with fellow players and recieve helpful hints in our Members Only section.
Look to Nick for some helpful, and not so helpful, hints and tips.
Good luck and try not to get lost...
5 - Grand Prize winners will receive one (1) set of the first four (4) released titles in "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" series, and bookplate signed by Michael Scott, courtesy of Phillipa Dickinson at Random House UK
Winners will be chosen randomly from contestants who complete the game and register by January 8th, 2012 12:00 Noon EST
Graphics - Jeff Smith
Programming - Sean Gardell
Special Thanks to Mr. Michael Scott and Random House Publishing and to Phillipa Dickinson from Random House UK for generously donating prizes! And of course to our leader and founder Jules!
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All entries become property of the Sponsors (as such term is defined below). The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States. If you are under the age of 18 you must have your parent or legal guardian's permission before entering the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes not open to employees or the immediate family members of individuals employed by Random House UK, the owners (moderators or administrators of) flamels-immortal-portal.com, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, cable affiliates, licensees, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent judging organization, printing agents or any other sponsors (collectively "Sponsors"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding. To enter, complete and submit the online entry form at http://www.flamels-immortal-portal.com/quest/apprentice/apprentice.html To enter off-line, print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, e-mail address (if any), and age (to be eligible to win a prize and if you are under 18 years old, you will also need to provide your parent's/guardian's name, address, day and evening phone numbers, e-mail address (if any), and age) on a 3" x 5" card and mail to The Apprentice, 4312 Venable Ave. Charleston, WV 25304.
2. Only one entry per person or email address. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries that contain errors, are incomplete, corrupted or illegible will not be accepted. Sponsors cannot be held responsible for computer system hardware, software or program errors, or other failures in computer transmissions or network connections for any entries lost or delayed through email. Sponsors can not be held responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected or postage due mail entries. Entrants must complete all required data. All incomplete or inaccurate entries shall be rendered void. Sponsors are not responsible for entries that may be lost, delayed or misdirected, or for typographical errors in the entry form or rules.
3. Employees of Random House UK, the owners (moderators or administrators of) flamels-immortal-portal.com, their staff and families of related suppliers, sponsors, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their agents and immediate families (spouses, parents, children and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible to participate in the prize drawing. Promotion void in where prohibited by law; subject to all federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
4. The promotion begins on December 1, 2011, and the closing date for an entry is January 8, 2012, closing at 12 noon EST on that date. All email entries must be received by 12 o'clock noon EST on such date and all mail entries must be postmarked by such time and received no later than 5pm on January 8, 2012. Winners will be selected in a random drawing with all winners of prizes announced on January 9, 2011. All eligible entries will have a chance to win the prizes. Drawing will be conducted by a representative of flamels-immortal-portal.com, whose decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
5. Winners will be notified within 30 days of drawing. Odds of winning are based on eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by telephone, email or regular mail. All entries become the property of us and will not be returned. All prizes will be distributed by Random House UK and flamels-immortal-portal.com, as the case may be, and Random House UK and flamels-immortal-portal.com reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. Prize: See specific prize drawing for details. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted. Prizes must be claimed withing 7 days of notification. Upon receipt of the prize, the winner or the parent or legal guardian of the winner (the "Official Winner"), is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. The value of the prize is taxable as income, and the Official Winner, is solely responsible for all matters relating to the prize, including, but not limited to, all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the prize. In the event, (i) the Official Winner chooses not to accept his/her prize, (ii) does not comply with these Official Rules, or (iii) Sponsors are unable to contact such Official Winner, notification of prize is returned as undeliverable, or prize is not claimed within the specified time limit, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate Potential Winner randomly selected from all of the remaining entries.
7. The prizewinner must accept that his/her name and/or likeness may be announced by the owners of www.flamels-immortal-portal.com or Random House UK for publicity or advertising purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. By accepting any prize, the winner agrees to and releases us, Random House UK, Michael Scott, the prize sponsors and its employees and agencies, representatives, affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising, promotions agents of each of the above, from all liability of any type whatsoever.
9. We reserve the right in our sole discretion, to cancel or suspend any sweepstakes should virus, computer hackers, or any other cause beyond its control impede the administration and or security of such sweepstakes.
10. Use of a profane username or the submission of false or misleading personal information by an entrant will be grounds for disqualification. Sponsors retain sole discretion to determine whether entry information is profane, false, or misleading.
12. Official Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility which must be signed, notarized and returned to us within 30 days of attempted delivery of same. Noncompliance with said return time period will result in disqualification in which case an alternative winner may be selected. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternative winner.
13. Official Winners will be required to execute, have notarized, and return a Release of Liability/Publicity prior to receiving the prize; if winners are under age 18, parent or legal guardian must execute such release.
14. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the sweepstakes or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Pennsylvania; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and sponsor in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Pennsylvania), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
15. Prizes. Grand Prize consists of five (5) Grand Prizes consisting of a sets of four (4) books, such books shall be the Alchemyst, the Magician, the Sorceress, and the Necromancer, as well as a book plate signed by Michael Scott. Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of $70.00.
16. Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Apprentice, 4312 Venable Ave. Charleston, WV 25304. Requests must be received by January 31, 2012.
17. A list of all Official Winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Apprentice, 4312 Venable Ave. Charleston, WV 25304.
18. By entering, all participants (and their parents or legal guardians, if applicable) acknowledge compliance with these Sponsors reserve the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS AND THEIR DESIGNEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.